The Soul selects her own society,
then Shuts the door.
e. dickinson

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

I Need $600


for Hair

It wasn't the spring, that emblem
particular nothing of square boxes
on a calendar, turning the
pages sure there's more trees
out there to make you outdated,
hollow lights surrounding
when flicking cigarette buttes
to push down a thought further
it goes, your thought takes a whole
lot of other people to articulate itself
when all it wants is another cigarette
that buy two get one free Parliament Light
blue dictum at a gas station taking them home
giving posture to the fact of money,
how much of it you need to get a car
to get me out of some Literary Arts
department I'll just tell you to keep driving
not how "Bob" says it but how I want it
to begin again with a different name, another
"John", a new syntax with more internet
tangled at our feet while you speak to me,
beg me to drop out of Providence for once
and g-Chat with some boxing manager
who might be interested in chipping in
for a 1986 Toyota Tercel I ask you what color.

No comments: